The Disney world hides many fascinating facts, and if you want to read more about them you are in the right place. So, dive into the world of magic and wonder and discover all fun facts about the Disney movies. Enjoy!
Fun Facts about the Animated Disney Movies
- Tangled is the second most expensive Disney movie.
- After the movie Princess and the Frog came out, more than 50 kids were diagnosed with salmonella after kissing frogs.
- Originally, there was a talking turkey in the Pocahontas movies, however, the producers took another approach.
- The Beatles were expected to make an appearance in The Jungle Book. They were supposed to land their voices to the vultures.
- Walt Disney received an Oscar for Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. The Academy Award presented him with one regular statue and seven smaller ones.
- Judge Doom from Who Framed Roger Rabbit killed Bambi’s mother.
- The man that developed Peter Pan signed his rights to a children’s hospital so that they can use the funds to pay for the surgeries.
- Andy from Toy Story doesn’t have a father because it costs a lot more and it is more difficult to create the human characters instead of the toy characters.
- After Finding Nemo came out, many people started to buy a lot of clownfish, which decreased the population of this fish.
- Aladdin’s movements were based on MC Hummer and his appearance was based on Tom Cruise.
- One hyena biologist didn’t like that all of the hyenas in The Lion King were evil, so he sued Disney.
- Aurora from the Sleeping Beauty only appears 18 minutes on screen and her character only has 18 lines.
- Mickey Mouse made an appearance in Pinocchio, in the form of a chair.
- Disney took many loans and put a mortgage on his house in order to create Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Everyone thought that the movie would fail.
- In the original drafts, Dopey had many lines, however, the producers couldn’t find a voice that is suitable for this character.
- Dambo was supposed to be on the cover of Time Magazine as the Mammal of the Year. However, before they printed the magazines, Pearl Harbor happened, so they took a more serious approach.
- The Bambi complex is a psychological disorder.
Fun Facts about the Disney Movies
- The most expensive Disney movie is Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End.
- And the third most expensive Disney Movie is Avatar by James Cameron.
- In North Carolina, Hurricane Sandy sank off the Edinburg Trader from the Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest.
- Daveigh Chase, the girl that portrays Samara in the horror movie The Ring, also lends her voice to Lilo in Lilo & Stitch.